CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Fly away......



My latest painting, I hope you all like it. I keep going back to it and adding "bits" so I classed it as partially finished. I have lots of canvases at this stage just like scrapbook pages and albums. You then always have something to work on if you are not in the mood to start something new. I am always doing this on never seem to finish many items, but have lots on the go. I will run out of room one day or have to eventually move into Charlottes bedroom as she is never at home. One day I will take over her room and fill it with my craft things.....(a wicked laugh is called for here) She is adamant not to let me! She is finishing her first year at university in a couple of weeks so will be back home for about 10 mins a day. I can't believe how quick her year has gone and now we are preparing for Natasha to go in September. I will have a very quiet house then. Only Daniel and Mike to annoy me then. 

Ok back to my painting. I have used techniques I have learn on the She Art course I have been doing for the last couple of months. I love the mixed media way of painting as you combine so many different materials such as paint, paper, fabric, stamps, rub ons etc. I have all these in my stash and now get to use most of them........I still will not go to use my "fav" papers. They are hidden away and only come out on special occasions for me to look at and then away they go again. Any crafter reading this will know what I mean but the rest of you will think I am completely mad. Btw, I am! I am also working on another canvas and hopefully I will get some peace today to work on it as I have Daniel at home driving me mad. He is off to Gran Canaria this afternoon for a week. He has the attic room but for some reason he keeps coming to find me to annoy me. He has always done this and probably always will.......I don't mind really. Hmmm, or do I??? 

Mike is away with work again in Holland. He arrives home this evening so then the dreaded new kitchen can get started in between everything else he wants to get done over the next few days......new kitchen, means nightmare to me. I want that magic wand again to just make it all happen overnight. Did I tell you where I am going on Saturday? You will all be so jealous when I tell you. I am off to Port Sunlight Craft show....yehhhhh. I have always wanted to go and now have the chance thanks to my lovely friend Gill and Jennifer, who I have not had the pleasure of meeting yet, but we message a lot on Facebook and she is another "crafty" person with the same interest as me. Gill is new to craft and both Jennifer and I are determined to convert her soon. I will let you know how it goes at the show and maybe even show you all the goodies I buy. 

I had better go and get some housework done so Mike does not think I have spent all the time he has been away in my craft room. He knows I do anyway and never says anything, but his face tells a different story. Watch this space. 

Have a good day everyone and speak soon.....x





3 comments:

Catie Cuddles said...

Fantastic piece Jackie. I love it. I don't think I have ever finished a scrap page not done digitally either. Never 100% happy its done. Enjoy port sunlight. C xxx

Diane said...

A great relaxed summer feel to that painting - I like!
I didn't know Port Sunlight was on this weekend (I've never been either but it has a good reputation. I might have to pretend to have a burning desire to see Chris's mum who lives on the Wirral and then just happen to mention the craft show which I'll just surprisingly remember about last minute :-)

Oops, Chris is standing behind me! Best click on post comment quickly! :-)

Jackie Humphreys said...

Thanks for the comments. I am glad you like my post. I start and just carry on and on as if I am chatting to someone. I am glad other people are just like me and never get to finish pieces. I will certainly enjoy saturday and will spend lots of pennies but will not tell my hubby.....I take the price tags off everything so he has no idea how much it all cost. Great idea Diane, I hope it works for you and you get to go. I may see you there. :)

Post a Comment