CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, 18 June 2011

I love Saturday mornings.........

Here we are again.....happy as can be on a bright Saturday morning! It will probably rain within the next hour or so, lets hope not, we deserve some nice weather. I will get some two weeks today as I will be on my way to Benidorm.......yes, I am actually going to Benidorm! Can you imagine??? Everyone thinks its hilarious for some reason. Probably because, I have always said I would not go, but my Friend Sue asked me to go with her, her grandaughter plus friend, so I am not one to refuse a holiday in the sun. So I will be jetting off and leaving my family for a week. I think they will be ok, we will see!!! I have been busy finding lots of lovely clothes for it and also the "biggie" holiday in Aug. Ohhhh, did I tell you about that one? Mike and I have have been married 25 years on the 30th Aug, back in 1986 he was mad enough to marry me....hehe. We are going on one great holiday for 12 nights and now I am going to make you all so envious, are you ready for this????? 3 nights in Las Vegas, gambling for me....no, it will be craft shopping for me and when I said this to him he groaned as all men do when they are not happy about things you say.  He has agreed I can post the things home rather than putting everything in his case like I do.....I need room for my shoes so he has to have some space for them. Then we go to Miami for 2 nights, so I will have to get my skates out to go along the prom fitting in with everyone else.....think not!!! Years since I went skating, I was very good back then,  but I think now I would break something and it would not be the skates.  We the go to Fort Lauderdale to get the cruise ship to whisk us away on our 7 night caribean cruise. So exciting!!! I can't wait. I will let you know how the packing goes later....watch this space!

Now back to my creating, I went to Doncaster on a road trip with Jennifer and Gill once again to The Dome craft show. It was great and I highly recommend a trip out for the next one on 23rd Oct. It was only £5 admission and such great retailers to buy goodies from. I was good (well, sort of) I did not buy too much, it depends when you say "how much is too much" lol. It was not good when I got home as I never had chance to "de-price" the items I bought before Mike seen them and he noticed this time. Men and craft do not usually mix or should I say Mike and craft do not mix, he does not understand. Jennifer's husband, Angus, really has an interest in crafting and everything that goes with it. He was kind enough to drive us all the way to Doncaster.

My online class has now finished but I have another starting on Monday and this time it is run my an English person so it will be in the right timezone for once for me. I will be using a wacom bamboo tablet (sounds so very complicated) and photoshop to learn how to make digital art. I can't wait to start. My completed class was "She has 3 hearts" and we all have 3 hearts but how we use them is very personal to the individual. My 3 hearts are, one for my family, one for my friends and then finally the one I have for myself. As a mum, wife and daughter, you are never really "you". I have been coming out of a very dark bubble over the past months and some know how this "bubble" happened and some don't but I am gradually getting myself together and finding what I should use that 3rd heart for. It is confusing, frustrating, annoying, scary, but I am sure I will find my pathway soon. I hope I do.

I am going to post some of my recent art work. I love working in an art journal as I can keep going back to work and adding to it too. I have lots of pieces of work but this is just a snippet. Enjoy....










I was right, its raining within the hour. I hope you all have a great Saturday and an even better weekend. Take care and come back soon. x

3 comments:

Diane said...

Commenting, commenting, here, there and everywhere! Thankfully I was able to comment on F/b about this but it's so much easier doing it here on the blog itself.

Kelly said...

Fab. I really need to have a go at doing this x

Tracey said...

Hi Jackie, followed you from FB, love your journalling pages, saving you to my google reader xxx

Post a Comment