CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, 21 April 2011

My favourite place to be.......my craft room.

I have tried to figure out where to start with this blog so I decided to share with you all where I actually do my crafting.  My quiet place, where I am able to disappear into when I want to create something or in my case make a complete mess! Its fun though no matter what I do. I love to make cards, scrapbook, paint and jewellery making. I said earlier I should make a list of the things I want to do and tick them off when I eventually get to do them.....I will put that on my list of things to do, make a to do list. Mad!!!



It is organised chaos, my chaos. I know where most things are now and hate when ever anyone wants to look around and use something of mine. My daughters are the worse, Charlotte is doing a Fine Art degree  at Chester University and has been working in my room on her assignments. This means she finds out what I have hidden away in my room.....not a good idea as its like a sweety shop to her. You see her eyes light up, especially when she got her hands on my lovely paints and stamps. My youngest daughter Natasha, walks in the room and her face lights up and says many times to me that she did not realise I had such nice things. They do not seem to understand they are for ME! I dont mind sharing occasionally, just as long as they clean up after themselves and put everything back "in my room".

 My very disorganised cupboard with just about everything in it. I found some lovely taffeta rolls of material in The Works, various colours and sooooo yummy. I had to get a roll in each colour. I haven't used them yet but as always...one day I will!
 My sanctuary.......I could stay here all day and night but as us crafter all know so well, we have to go and do some housework sometimes and feed our families.
 Love my IMac......I am lucky and have a Macbook too. Pffft to all you people who don't like Apple mac.
I love using my Macs and don't think I will ever go back to windows now. 

 I really like the effect of this picture. My cute little birdcage which everyone who sees it wants it.....nooo, its mine, all mine! My lovely mother day flowers too.

I also share my room with a tank full of tropical fish. I will let you see those another day as my son has to sort the tank out, due to me  feeding the algea eater fish too much food and he is not doing his job eating the algea....lazy fish!

10 comments:

Diane said...

You did it! Way to go! What a lovely light first entry; you have such a nice style of writing. Your room is chocca with loads of goodies; your safe haven which is a brilliant thing. My room has to have a double bed in it as our guest room and my partner's daughter is staying at the minute, so I have to tidy away and not craft as much- grrrr. I haven't got a third of the stuff you have though, so it's not so much of an issue.
Here's to loads more fun entries on both our blogs. Cheers!

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Wow - what a gorgeous room. And very tidy and organised for a craft space!

Jackie Humphreys said...

Thanks Diane for your lovely comments and Sarah Elizabeth too! Its not always this tidy though. I like to tidy everything away and then when I start to craft I make such a mess, like every crafter I suppose. I have to get everything out and use it all....:) Thats me! I am very lucky to have this room really, it use to be my son's and he outgrew it suddenly. My hubby converted the attic originally for me and I had two rooms up there to fill ( that took no time at all to do) I really wanted a window to look out of so we decided to have a swap. I got this room and he is now hidden away in the attic. He disappears up there and we never see him, only at feeding time. Thanks again for the comments, they have cheered me up. x

Melissa said...

Oh such lovely organized chaos - I would like to come play in your room too! LOL I promise to put everything back where I found it, of course.

Jackie Humphreys said...

haha, I would make sure you do. :) I can be very protective of my craft things, especially of my lovely papers......my husband thnks I am bad as I have a "thing" for gorgeous papers and boxes. I never use my most prized papers, they are just to look at.....

Catie Cuddles said...

Welcome to your world of blogging!!! Fab to have you on board - it looks fab! Great craft room too ... might have to photo mine and then we can compare - believe me I won't get people wanting to play in my craft room!!!!
Looking forward to seeing your creations on here soon!

craftyaunty said...

Love your craft room! I am a Mac girl too - we rock! Looking forward to your blogging journey. x

Jackie Humphreys said...

Haha, of course we do rock! We will stick together on the claim about macs. Oh, I am so excited about starting this and have lots of ideas so watch this space.....see you all soon. x

S said...

Oh this looks like a great place to create. Sweet birdcage!

Jackie Humphreys said...

Thank you, I love my birdcage, a bargain from a carboot sale. I have just got some cute little jars from Lakeland plastics and about to fill them with lots of ribbons.....so sweet!

Post a Comment